The Computer Science Department of the Technical University of Vienna has an Open Post-Doctoral University Positions. Application Deadline: February 08, 2017.
The position position is offered within the Cyber-Physical Systems Group, of the Institute for Computer Engineering. It belongs to the B1 group, that is, a six years University Post-Doctoral position, with an employment of 20 hours / week. The appointment will start most likely on May 1 2017, and end on March 31 2023.
The University position will be supplemented with 20 hours / week for four years (with the possibility for extension to six years, until March 31, 2023) from the prestigious Austrian University-Infrastructure BMWFW project:
- CPS/IoT Ecosystem: Preparing Austria for the Next Digital Revolution.
The minimal monthly salary (14 times a year) is of € 1.813,30 (pre-tax). To successfully apply for the position it is required to have:
- A finished PhD study with distinction in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent study within Austria or abroad.
The Post-Doctoral student is supposed to lead the CPS/IoT Ecosystem Project (see http://ti.tuwien.ac.at/cps/research/projects for a description), which is the first of its kind in Austria, and possibly in the EU. This project work will involve the following activities:
- Design a CPS/IoT architecture consisting of a swarm / real-time fog / real-time cloud
- Deploy the CPS/IoT infrastructure at 3 TUW institutes, IST Austria and AIT
- Work together with two other CPS/IoT PhD students
- Cooperate with world reknown universities in the design/application of the CPS/IoT
The Post-Doctoral student is also supposed to have an exceptional research and teaching activity. Prerequisites in this respect are as follows:
- An excellent PhD in a CPS related area.
- A strong previous publication record.
- The ability to plan and carry out original research in CPS areas s.a.:
- CPS/IoT connectivity, monitoring, prediction, and optimisation,
- Robotics, self-optimizing, self-adaptive, self-organizing systems,
- Verification and optimal control of CPS.
- The ability to write research grant proposals.
- Collaboration experience in national/international research projects.
- Experience in performing research-administration tasks
- The ability to provide guidance to bachelor, master, and PhD students.
- Willingness to participate in outreach activities.
- An excellent command of English (command of German is a plus).
Send your application at the following address:
- Personnel Administration, Department of Scientific Personnel of the TU
(Personaladministration, Fachbereich wiss. Personal der TU)